The classic honey cake is one of the oldest cake recipes in existence today.
For the first time they began to cook it under the Russian emperors, since then they have not forgotten about the honey cake and its recipe has been preserved right up to our time.
This cake is made from a huge amount of honey cakes, which are carefully laid out on a layer of sour cream. In general, honey cake is a great dessert for the whole family.
Below will be presented exactly the classic recipe for making this cake, which is prepared from generation to generation.
Necessary ingredients for cakes:
700-800 gr. flour;
3 chicken eggs;
Butter 105 gr.;
1 glass of white sugar;
2 tablespoons of honey;
a teaspoon of regular baking soda.
Ingredients for cream/filling:
155 gr. powdered sugar;
610 gr. sour cream;
Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
You Also Like https://thetimesnewpaper.com/avatar-2/
Step by step preparation:
1. First you need to melt the honey “in a water bath”. This is very easy to do – pour a small amount of water into the pan, and put honey and butter on the bottom of a plastic bowl. Next, put a pot of water on the stove and a bowl on top of it, and then start constantly stirring the ingredients. As a result, you should get a gentle homogeneous mass, reminiscent of light milk caramel in color.
2. Find any container convenient for you, add eggs and sugar to it. Take a kitchen mixer and beat at maximum speed for 6-7 minutes.
3. Combine these two liquids in one bowl, add sugar and soda to them.
4. Engage in sifting flour. Pour the sifted flour into the same mixture in small portions, mix the contents thoroughly. The dough for making cakes is ready!
5. Blind the dough into a ball and transfer it to baking paper (this is necessary so that the dough does not stick to the surface). Now you need to start forming the cakes. Usually camelina consists (the second name of honey cake) of only 6 tiers, but you can make more. Separate a small lump from the total mass of the dough and roll it out on parchment paper.
The dimensions of a standard cake are approximately 2 mm thick, 21-22 cm wide. Focus on these numbers and you will get the perfect cakes for the honey cake. If you have a little extra dough left, it’s okay, you can then use it to create a decor on the surface of the cake.
6. Cakes should be baked separately in an oven preheated to 185 °. On average, it takes no more than 5 minutes to cook 1 shortbread.
7. The edges of the shortcakes must have turned out to be uneven, so they need to be trimmed. Crumble the crispy scraps with a crush so that small crumbs come out of them.
8. The last thing left for you to prepare is the filling for the cake. To prepare it, you need to beat sour cream with sugar powder well. Don’t forget to add some lemon juice to the cream.
9. It’s time to put all the cakes together. Spread a large amount of cream on the first cake and carefully cover it with another. These manipulations must be performed with absolutely all cakes. After you assemble the cake, you also need to coat the sides of it.
10. Pour a large amount of crumbs from the fried dough onto the surface and sides of the cake.
11. The secret of honey cake lies in its very long impregnation – it lasts as much as 7-9 hours in the refrigerator. Impregnation in this case is required.
12. Your classic honey cake is ready!
Leave a Reply